Date: September 2018
The customer entered a new market as a supplier of chopped straw for calves. The idea arose because a fourage trader and the customer came up with the idea of bringing two methods together:
Calves eat, among other things, chopped and cleaned straw. Veal is supposed to be white. This van be achieved through a low iron content, which can be done by sieving the straw.
The straw was normally delivered in France and cleaned in the Netherlands. By doing all this in France, cleaned straw can be packaged and delivered immediately.
Realize cheaper transport
By compacting the bales more strongly and using larger bales, transport became cheaper and less film was needed than with smaller packages,
Transporting the new machines to France (5 trailers)
What did Willems baling Equipment deliver?
- Supply system with cleaner
- Drain system with cleaner
- Maxi baler
- robot palletiser.
The solution was combined with a baler from another brand!
What did it deliver for the customer?
- Firmer and higher pressing
- 25% more product (240 to 320 kilos) compressed.
- achieved a transport cost saving of 30% !!
- saving on foil (approx. 50% foil) (thicker foil has been used)